Podcast Series 1 – Scientists and their daily work Scientists talk about their professional career, their daily work as marine biologist and their main research focus. They also give information about interdisciplinary work and associated professions.
- 1a: Ursula, why do you consider research and monitoring as important for the protection of marine mammals?
- 1b: Magnus, how did you become a scientist?
- 1c: Magnus, what is your main research focus?
- 1d: Magnus, how does a typical day as a researcher look like?
- 1e: Magnus, what was your best experience as a marine biologist?
Podcast Series 2 – Scientists and their research topics According to the topics of the teaching material, some of the scientists talk about specific topics of their main research area regarding marine mammals. These short clips are linked to the topics of teaching material which can be downloaded here.
- 2a Ursula, are there issues of concern for marine mammals in the North Sea and Baltic Sea?
- 2b Magnus, could you explain the mechanism of hearing of a porpoise?
- 2c Magnus, why and how does ship noise affects harbour porpoises?
Podcast Series 3 – Expert interviews about the project This series gives background information about the targets of the marine mammal´s project as well as about the approaches which have been chosen to raise the student´s interest in science.
- 3a Ilka, what are the reasons behind the good efforts of scientists and researchers within this project?
- 3b Ilka, are there any impacts on research due to the lack of interest in science?
- 3c Ilka, which approaches to science are helpful to raise the student´s interest?
- 3d Helen, why is European cooperation important for this project?
Podcast Series 4 – 3D Animations